HOW TO APPLY
Applying our nail strips is easy to do!
1. Start with clean nails. Wipe clean with alcohol or a light dishwashing liquid to remove all dirt, oils, lotion, sunscreen, etc.. Make sure to push back your cuticles if you have not already done so. You can also lightly buff the nail with a buffing block to help the nail polish strip adhere better. Some users like to apply base coat or a nail hardener, but it's up to you.
2. Choose a nail strip that is the closest size to your nail. If necessary, you can gently stretch the strip to the shape of your nail.
3. Remove the transparent protective layer and raise the nail sticker while holding the protective silver strip.
4. Place the rounded strip at the base of your nail sticky side down. Smooth the surface while working your way from base to tip of nail, so it's wrinkle free. If needed, you can gently pull on the strip to stretch to fit. You can also use a cuticle pusher to help push the strip down close to the edge of your nail.
5. Remove the excess strip with your fingernail or a pair of nail clippers. Then file end of nail gently in a downward motion, as to not tear the strip. Some people like to tuck under some of the excess strip, under their nail and then file later once the nail has time to cure (stick) to the nail.
Watch our short tutorial on how to apply Apple Girl Nails on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPzjDPFbQo
TIPS FOR LONG LASTING POLISH
- Allow strips to cure to nail for 30 minutes to one hour before submerging in water. Some people put them on before bed to give them more time to adhere to the nail before doing all the things we do with our hands - cooking, folding laundry, playing sports, gardening - you name it!
- If desired, you can put a coat of liquid top coat on the nail strips - just wait at least 30 minutes after applying and test on a small section first. Not all top coat is the same and you wouldn't want it to make your strips lift.
- Practice makes perfect! Each time you apply them, you will get better!
- Wear rubber gloves when washing dishes or doing gardening to protect your beautiful nails.
- Store nails at room temperature. Cold strips can take longer to stick to your nails. If they get too cold, just warm them up by holding them in your hands.
- Remove with nail polish remover. You can also soak your nails in warm water for a about 10 minutes before trying to remove. DO NOT PEEL the strips off - you could damage your nail beds.
- We cannot promise how long your new mani style will last as everyone’s experience may differ. However, average time is 7-10 days, with some users getting up to 14 days. Submerging your hands in water too soon or coming in contact with everyday chemicals such as lotions, sunscreen, cleaning products, chlorine and more, can cause a chemical reaction to the strips and break down their staying power: causing fading, lifting, removal, and other complications to your manicure.